How you’ll benefit... every step of the way
From the Simple Things to the Difficult
We provide the standard services you would expect - from bookkeeping and payroll, to tax, audit and accounts. We also provide the extras - from helping you complete your first VAT return to tax planning and HMRC investigations, business advice and business plan reviews, Research and Development tax credit claims, company secretarial services, due diligence, Charities, Independent Schools and Academy Schools, Trusts, Landed Estates, and Probate.
Examples of our work;
- Saved a client over £9,000 tax by disclaiming his UK personal tax allowances and electing for a different basis of assessment on his emigration
- Saved a corporate client around £3,000 a year by registering for VAT under the Flat Rate Scheme on a commercial property
- The Outer Mongolia-UK double tax treaty? We've advised on it for one of our corporate clients
- Registered the service company of a charity for VAT resulting in savings of around £2,000 a year. Its client could recover the VAT charged
- Helped a young entrepreneur secure a lease for her new business in a major shopping centre with financial projections for her business plan and advice including product pricing
- Saved a client over £30,000 after taking over a tax investigation badly handled by his previous accountant. We also used a special procedure to offset tax that was otherwise refused as being “out of time limits”.
Our new free Tax App is downloadable from the Apple store, giving you;
- key UK tax information.
- regular newsletters to keep you up to date on any changes in tax legislation and provide you with useful tips on planning your tax affairs
- a month by month calendar of key tax dates for your diary
Chancellor George Osborne presented theBudget to the House of Commons on 20March 2013. This booklet summarises the key points, and rounds up some of the recent changes announced by the Coalition Government.
Overpaying National Insurance
If you have more than one job, or if you are both employed and self employed, then you may be overpaying national insurance contributions for no extra benefit and may be able to claim a refund for previous years. You can also consider "deferring" current national insurance contributions if you are in this position.
Please see our guide for more information.
What do you find most frustrating about running your own business?
We’d hazard a guess that it’s outside interference. Probably dealing with bureaucracy. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. In our experience that’s always the case whether you’re a fledgling enterprise or an established concern. However, the good news is that you can avoid it.
All you need is a helping hand. In fact one as easy to get hold of as navigating this web site. Once that happens, you’ll find no obstacles between you and a flourishing future.
Phone: +44 (0)1904 557570
Fax: +44 (0)1904 557571
UHY Calvert Smith
31 St Saviourgate